Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lesson Learned #44


When you are going through hard times you are looking for a break. You think things cant get any worse, and then they do. Our air conditioner broke and no funds to fix it. After a couple of days of the heat I went to Walmart and purchased a kiddy pool for $11.88 I got out my lawn chair a boom box and my Oakley sunglasses. I positioned my chair towards the best possible view. This is what I call Club Allison.

I learned that I could find much peace and relaxation there by the pool. I phoned Laura and told her we were among the few houses in the neighborhood that had a pool and it felt great. No one else in the family found much solace there but Madelyn(4) and I.

One of the older kids came home to find their dad lying in the pool and said that I had lost it. This pool was not as grand as the neighborhood pool at our home that was repossessed, but somehow I was still able to enjoy one of the best feelings on earth; drip drying in a summer breeze.

It was then that I learned that most of life is lived between your ears. You can be in the Bahamas and be miserable because of what you are thinking, or you can be broke and still find something to enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Keith...I took the time to read your blog. Wow...what an amazing, humbling story of strength and courage. I know God is going to use you in a mighty way. I am looking forward to reading your book when it comes out. There are many people who are struggling right now due to the economy. The story your family has to share will be a wonderful encouragement. God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keith....I took the time to read your blog. What a humbling story of strength and courage! God is going to use you and your family in a mighty way. This economy has affected many people in numerous ways. I know your book will be extremely encouraging to all who have been faced with struggles such as you have endured but also encouraged with God's enduring love and grace. I am looking forward to reading your book when it comes out!
    God Bless you and your family!
    Connie Lyle Mauntler...your former schoolmate : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kieth,
    You guys are amazing!! I have read all of your blog and Ive laughed and cried! Just what little I have read will make me look at things in a new way! I cant wait to read the book! Luv you guys,
    Pam Allison

    ReplyDelete