Friday, April 10, 2009

Lesson Learned # 54

Discouragement - Most discouragement is not because of what is happening around you now. It is because of what you think is going to happen or not going to happen in the future. This is the most difficult to deal with because God has not supplied the grace yet for some future event.

I learned that this was a signal to me that my eyes were to far in the future. If I could bring myself back to the moment. Sometimes I would realize that the moment was actually good. I was with my family. The weather was good or perhaps an interruption in my schedule actually presented opportunities that I was about to miss.

As soon as I began living in the moment I found that God's grace would surround me and new opportunities would arise. During the past year I have enjoyed some really good days. I have learned to live in the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment