Monday, March 23, 2009

Lesson Learned # 17

During the first two months after our financial loss. We were so overwhelmed that we could not think of the future. We began for the first time in our lives to live by the moment. That meant sometimes going for a drive and burning gas that you knew you could not afford or scraping together change to eat out when we probably should not have.

There were days I would go for a walk and ask myself questions like:

Am I hungry?

Do I hurt any where?

What if this is the last good day I have?

I decided that I had better enjoy it. I look back on those days now and I don't know how we made it, except that God was taking care of us. I have carefully considered most of my days and although I made mistakes I was trying to make the right choices.

It is comforting to learn that God would take care of me when I couldn't take care of myself.
Over the last year I have looked back over the last forty seven years and realized that every good thing that happened some how came me way. I realized that the God who had given those opportunities would someday give more.

No comments:

Post a Comment