Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Lesson Learned # 104

Get it off your chest - When you go through a traumatic situation such as we have, part of the healing is to get it off your chest. Having someone to talk to can be very helpful. Although, there are few people who know how, or who are willing to listen without giving advice or interjecting their opinion of what you should have done. If you have someone in your life who can hear you out, go for it.

If you don't, I have found that writing it down, or in may case typing on the computer allowed me to vent and say whatever I wanted. If I say something stupid, I can take it back by pressing delete. In addition to that, pray. Prayer has brought me through many difficult times.

That being said, after the loss of our business, home, farm, and reputation, I had no desire to pray. Months went by before I really had any desire to talk to the Lord. The nice thing about it is that he didn't get mad about that. He waited patiently until I was ready. With God there is no variableness or shadow of turning, which means he loves me the same and works on me at the same pace everyday and all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment